Sunday, September 24, 2017

Review: Sugar

Sugar Sugar by Mandi Beck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 "Make me forget" Stars

Beau McCrae.

You're gonna have to give me a minute to catch my breath.
And maybe find my undergarments.

Yep. A minute.
Or two.


Wow. Just holy wow. Thank you Mandi Beck for giving me a sexy, sweet, smooth country boy. I don't always like the southern guys, but hot damn. Beau McCrae.

Do people actually read my reviews? Do I need to be more descriptive or explain my newfound obsession a bit better?

Beau McCrae is the bad boy of country music. He's so bad, he's looking for a new label and he's making headlines--not the kind of headlines that says he's saving kittens or puppies or whatever either. The headlines are about the chicks he's banging, the amount of alcohol he's consuming, and the downward spiral he's been on recently.

Enter Hard Candy Records. Enter Addy Mae Masterson. She's sex on a stick or something. Beau can't take his eyes off her. And she's captivated by him too. Who wouldn't be? He's the Beau McCrae. Everyone wants a piece of him.

Addy Mae included.

I can't blame her, after this book I wanted some of Beau as well.

The way he drawls out the nickname Sugar, the way he works on his parents' ranch, the way he bickers with his brother, the way he hides behind himself, the booze, the fuck-ups. The way he fills out a shirt, wears that ball cap, and rocks a pair of jeans. Yes, I think I want my own Beau McCrae.

If you've read Stoned, you're going to love the cameos by that lot. LOVE IT. There's no one quite like Stone Lockhart and having him in a room with Beau McCrae should be illegal. Seriously. Hotness, artistic overload.

Mandi Beck wrote a wonderful book. This might actually be my favorite. And I didn't think anyone would top Stone, especially after Stone quoted Justin Beiber song lyrics to Willow. Beau could have used some of those lyrics himself.

Buy Sugar, read it, devour it, love it. Write a review.

Just know that you'll never think of watermelon OR the watermelon crawl quite the same way again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment