Thursday, September 14, 2017

Review: Keeper

Keeper Keeper by Amy Daws
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "I'm drunk on Booker Harris" Stars

I love Amy Daws. There. I said it. I'm in love with her. Oh, wait. I'm in love with her characters.
Vi and her need to mother her brothers.
Camden and his love for Specs.
Tanner and his beard and man-bun.
Booker and his Poppy.
Gareth and his secrets.

But Booker. Oh, Baby Booker hurts me. He makes me love and laugh and hurt and love. There's fire and passion and desire.

Poppy is Booker's best friend from childhood. They haven't seen each other in years. What better way to reconnect than by having Poppy move in to Booker's new flat with him?

Hint: there isn't a better way.

But Booker always told me to never stop chasing butterflies.
That's because no one knew Poppy better than Booker. Not even Poppy. And he knew she was meant for great things.

If you've never felt sexual tension leaking from the pages of your book, then this will solve that little issue, no problem. Amy has the unique ability to make the chemistry palpable. She brings London to life. She brings characters to life. She gives them heart, love, passion, drive, angst, pain, and every emotion you can imagine. And she does it flawlessly.

It feels like a dare.
Like she's daring me to stop her.
Daring me to grant permission.
Daring the world to crash around us.
Naturally, tension has it's breaking point. It will snap and explode and connect in ways beyond your imagination. Because Booker and Poppy are perfect and everyone can see it.

Except Booker.

This is when having an older sister and three older brothers becomes hilarious. Their meddling gives us some of the best scenes in the book. You're going to love seeing Cam and Tanner as they're being all sappy, while still being totally filthy.

I might have a new favorite Harris brother. I guess I'll know for sure when we get Gareth.

"Life doesnae always give a fuck aboot yer plans, Pop."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment