Friday, September 15, 2017

Review: The Alloy of Law

The Alloy of Law The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The fact that it has taken me this long to read this book makes me feel like an idiot. I don't know why I waited. I mean, The Mistborn trilogy was fan-freaking-tastic. I love everything about it. I cried when it ended, I rejoiced when it all came together in a way that only Brandon Sanderson could fashion, and I wanted to be an allomancer more than anything else in the world. I wanted the ability to burn metals. I wanted the ability to push off a metal or pull towards a metal. I wanted to be able to enhance my vision, soothe emotions, or split into two.

I wanted it all with that series.

So, again, why did I wait to continue? Did I think it wouldn't stand up? Was I afraid that, since it's set in the 'future,' it wouldn't be the same? Was I afraid it would lose its appeal without Vin and Elend and Kelsier? Sazed?

I DON'T KNOW!!

Because The Alloy of Law surpassed all my expectations. It made me laugh, love, and want to fight. It gave me a reason to visit Elendel, carry a gun named Vindication, and believe in the many religions that came from the earlier books.

Wax and Wayne? OMG. I have never laughed so hard. The bromance is REAL in this book. Wax and Wayne are constantly one-upping each other. I can't even begin to describe how awesome these guys are.

And Marasi? Oh, goodness. She adds a level of sweetness and bravery that manages to keep Wax and Wayne in line.

Well, as much as those two could ever be kept in line.

So, long story short? If you've read The Mistborn trilogy and hated to see it end, grab The Alloy of Law. You wont' necessarily revisit the same characters, but you will see what their fight and sacrifice did for the future generations. You may even enjoy the addition of guns to the mix.

And you might find yourself wanting to go back to the beginning. Which is normal. You may not realize you miss Elend and Vin and Sazed and TenSoon and the others until you step foot in Elendel and visit with a Ladrian.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment