Sunday, September 10, 2017

Review: Complicated Hearts

Complicated Hearts Complicated Hearts by Ashley Jade
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "We're gonna go down in flames" Stars

Wow. It isn't every day that I'm left without words to describe how a book has made me feel, but this is one of those books. And I've waited DAYS to write this review.

How does one do it justice?

How can one properly describe how one feels when reading something so completely and totally complicated?

How do you not spoil it for others?

Easy.

You wait for-freaking-ever to write your real review. You wait and wait and wait.

And then you man the fuck up and sit down and write.

Because you just know Ashley Jade poured her heart and soul into this book. And she deserves kind words in return.

So, my kind words are finally here because Landon and Asher and Breslin won't be quieted. They will not be silenced or made to feel ashamed or broken. They will go kicking and screaming into the night and they will be heard.

You will hear them.
She is my chaos.

You have to read Complicated Hearts book One for this to make any sense. If you don't, don't even bother with this one. You won't understand the dynamic, the love, the heartache, the lust, the pain that flows from the pages of this book. And you need that to understand.
I'm hopelessly and irrevocably in love with two people--and both have completely fucked me up and ruined me for anyone else.
God, truer words have never been spoken. Or unspoken.

Ashley Jade threw some twists I would have never seen coming at me. I wouldn't have expected the story to go the direction it did. I was on the edge of my seat and afraid to finish because I really didn't know how it would end. I was terrified that they would all fall apart. I was terrified that someone would be left out. I was terrified that it wouldn't work and they would all be broken in the end, with no way to mend their hearts and souls.

And I had every right to be terrified because I really didn't know what would happen.

"Your lies taste delicious."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment