Sunday, September 10, 2017

Review: Misadventures of a City Girl

Misadventures of a City Girl Misadventures of a City Girl by Meredith Wild
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Don't let my 3-star rating fool you. This book is fun, light, sexy, and enjoyable.
I guess I just expected more...drama. Tension. Fight. Something.

Characters: 4 stars
Sex: 5 stars
Story: 2 stars
Average: 3.67

But, again, this book is still fun and flirty. I laughed out loud on numerous occasions and couldn't get enough of Luke and Mad. That's probably why I finished it in a matter of hours and only stopped to sleep--and I was reluctant to do that.

Add in the fact that this book was promo'd using the beautiful Brock O'Hurn and I couldn't stop the gorgeous images drifting through my mind. That kind of imagery is hard to ignore.

Madison is recently divorced and wants a break from the hustle and bustle of the city that has consumed her. The city that has plastered her ex-husband everywhere. She finds Avalon and immediately books a month long stay at the spa/springs/resort in the mountains.

Luke is ex-Navy. His self-imposed exile is one of necessity. He couldn't take the city life after his final tour and relished the quiet of the mountain. He enjoys working the land, the silence, and the routine.

That is, until Madison shows up on his property and throws his entire world for a loop. To say that Luke twists Madison up as well is an understatement. These two are drawn to each other immediately.

It's hot. The sex is hot. There is no question that the sex is the focal point here. And for good reason. Luke and Madison are young, hot, and DTF.

Pros of this book:
Brock O'Hurn is Luke. Or Luke is Brock O'Hurn. Doesn't matter because he's gorgeous either way you cut it.
The sex. Yes, oh yes! The sex is oh so good. You might want a little fan for your...um..face. Yes. That's it.
The banter. I loved the banter between Luke and Madison. They gave each other shit and didn't hold back. No coddling here. Just the way I like it.
Indigo. The Avalon owners. The "extras" that weren't assholes. Those are good people. Lou is good people. And he's great at the advice giving.

Cons of this book:
I felt like there were too many unanswered scenarios. Or scenarios that weren't played to their fullest. Like the guy with the camera? Where's the drama there? Jeremy? Susan? I think those things could have been more and this story would have done more than scratch an itch. It would have made me FEEL.
Nope. That's it. That's the only con. Or downside.

So, like I said, it may not really be a downside. I think it all depends on what you're searching for--at that time--in a book. Me, I guess I was in the mood for more story and less sex. Or at least more story. Not sure if I ever want less sex. If you want a light, fluffy read, then this is for you.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment