Sunday, October 1, 2017

Review: Scandalous

Scandalous Scandalous by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All the Stars!

Okay, so I guess I'll give it the 5 I'm allowed, but just know I'd give it more if I could.

I wanted what was forbidden, and wrong, and fucking crazy.

The Four HotHoles of Todos Santos have ruined me. They have owned me, destroyed me, claimed me, loved me, and hated me. They have confused me, wooed me, fucked me, and left me. These men have done unspeakable things and I couldn't care less.

Anything that could drive you mad cannot be all bad, right? Even jealousy. Even hate.
Hate is a maddening thing. Jealous isn't any better. The line between love and hate is riddled with holes and twists and turns and it can leave you breathless. It can leave you wanting. It can leave you in pain.

"The things I want to do to you will undo you."

Okay, let's get down to it. We all knew Trent Rexroth would break us. We knew he would bend us against our will. We knew he would undo us.
But did we really see it going down like this? Were you expecting that twist and turn and fucking loop that only LJ Shen can force you to ride?
No?
I wasn't expecting it either. I wasn't expecting the sheer craziness of Trent and Edie. I wasn't expecting Bane--BANE!--and I wasn't expecting the people to be so connected in ways that weren't expected.
I loved the ride.
I loved the thrill.
I loved the heartache.
I loved the pain.

"Every inch of you is mine.
Your breath is mine.
Your mind is mine.
Your body is definitely mine."

Trent might be my new favorite HotHole. I'm not sure how it's possible to give me a better man with each subsequent book, but it has happened. Each HotHole has that something that draws you in and doesn't let go. Trent "the Mute" Rexroth will grab you and not let go.

"My girl, my obsession, my Tide."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment