Thursday, October 19, 2017

Review: Unloved

Unloved Unloved by Katy Regnery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I want it too Stars

It's the age old question: nature versus nurture. Which prevails? Which is more important? Nature? Nurture? Both?

That's what I didn't realize I would be pondering while reading this story. I knew the love story would be unconventional, but I didn't realize just how different and how amazing it would be.

Well, beyond the fact that Katy Regnery wrote it and she's pretty freaking amazing--I haven't met a book of hers I didn't like.

But Cassidy and Brynn? Wow. I experienced ALL THE FEELS with this book.

I feel like I trust him, like I need him, like I want him.
Brynn has to find a way to move on. She has to find peace. She needs closure. She will say goodbye.
On Katahdin. The place where Jem's soul would live on.

But what do you do when the worst case scenario happens to you? What do you do when you are experiencing something unfathomable?

Do you run? Do you fight? Do you succumb to the pain?

I watch her. I memorize her. I drink her in.
Cassidy lives a quiet life. He is isolated from society and seems to be content with the way things are. He's been fighting demons that aren't his, but demons he can't escape nonetheless. He will do whatever it takes to conquer those demons.

But what do you do when you hear a scream? What do you do when you stumble upon something unfathomable?

Do you run? Do you fight? Do you give in to your demons?

"But don't go too fast, huh?"
What unfolds in this book is unlike any other book I've read. The questions, the longing, the desire. The complications. The need. The want.

Can Brynn get the closure she needs on Katahdin? Can Cassidy save her from her past while holding his demons back?

Will the two find happiness with each other?

Will they find love?

I love her. I will love her until the sky falls. Until the sun and moon fail to rise. Until Katahdin crumbles. I will love her forever.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment