Sunday, June 25, 2017

Review: Seven

Seven Seven by Susan Renee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 "On a scale of one to four" Stars

I struggled with the beginning of this book. I tried to think about it from my perspective as a mother and I had a hard time making a decision. Is it one of those things you never know until you're in the moment? Is it something you can really prepare for? And then again, who prepares for that kind of thing?

No one. No one prepares for the heartache and loss that Savannah experiences in the first few pages of this book. No one wants to think worst case scenario because even in your worst case scenario, you don't think of this.

"I really want to kiss you right now. Like, really kiss you. I've wanted to kiss you so badly since high school...and even more so since you turned around...."
Seven is as much a second-chance romance as it is a first-time romance. Savannah and Bryant knew each other growing up. Savannah had a crush during their childhood, Bryant had a crush during their teenage years. Timing wasn't something that worked in their favor.

On a scale of one to four, she's a fucking seven."
Fast forward to Savannah returning home after devastating circumstances. Fast forward to the night she's out with friends for a rare night of fun, when she finds herself face-to-face with none other than Bryant Wood.

"Savannah, I promise you I'm not that guy anymore, and if it's okay with you, if you'll let me, I would really love to show you the man I am now."
To say this reunion doesn't go well is an understatement. Bryant wants the chance he didn't get in high school. Savannah hates him for his playboy ways and the rude comments he made when they were younger. Can they get past this? What will it take?

And what happens when their far off past isn't the biggest hurdle? What happens when their more recent, unknown, past gets in their way? Will they be able to overcome that struggle? And how?

"I'm not made of glass. Kiss me. Touch me. Take me. I want to go on this adventure with you."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment