Sunday, June 25, 2017

Review: Bittersweet

Bittersweet Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I should just bow down to Sarina Bowen at this point. I mean, the woman can write. She gives us characters and towns and situations that feel so incredibly real. She did it with The Ivy Years, she did it with Him, and she's done it here with the True North series (well, at least book one, but I don't doubt for a minute that I'll love the future installments of this series).

Do I want to find a farm in Vermont and live there? Yes! Especially if that farm has sexy farmer Griff Shipley running things. Gruff Griff isn't who Audrey expects to see when she runs her car into a ditch in the wilds of Vermont, but that's exactly who she gets. Griff is a past hook-up from college. He was supposed to be going places. So what is he doing here?

Griff would recognize Audrey Kidder anywhere. He had a huge crush on her in college and when they finally hooked-up, he handled it all wrong. Or did he? What really happened all those years ago? And do they still have chemistry? Or is that just the beauty of Vermont speaking to them and showing them they don't have to be stuck in the life they've put themselves in?

I love a sexy farmer and feisty woman romance. I love a 'this is our chance' romance. I love it when the whole family is privy to what is happening, even if our hero and heroine don't see it. Or they do see it, but they aren't seeing how it's possible for them to have their HEA.

So, pack your bags, throw them in the trunk, and head on out to Vermont! You won't be sorry when you stumble upon Griff Shipley and the gang of the Shipley farm. In fact, I think you'll find your stay quite enjoyable.

Oh--and since I listened to this book, I don't have any awesome quotes or specific things to put in this review. However, just know that Tad Branson is a favorite of mine and Saskia Maarleveld is quickly moving up my 'favorite female narrators' chart.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment