Friday, May 12, 2017

Review: The Hitchhiker

The Hitchhiker The Hitchhiker by Charlie Lee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not happy with the star rating I'm giving this book, I want that to be known. Honestly, I wish I could split it because the story in this book I absolutely LOVE. But the repetitive internal dialog drove me batty. Seriously, I got so tired of hearing the same thing from the characters that it took away from the story. I feel like this story could have been shorter if it weren't so repetitive.

Now, I did enjoy Katch Sterling. I enjoyed getting to know a man that doesn't exist--even though he clearly does exist. I enjoyed watching him fall in love. I enjoyed watching him kill people. I enjoyed the banter, the sex, the loyalty, and all of that awesome stuff. I did not enjoy listening to him telling me--repeatedly--why he couldn't possibly be with this woman.

"That fucking mouth. Wrap it around my cock, babe. I got all fucking day."

Yes, see, this. THIS^^^I can handle reading. This is what I wanted more of. That and the heart of the story.

The suspense is real, the love is real, the heat is real. So, if you can overlook the inner battle, then this book is for you.

Killing, motorcycles, nicknames, sex, banter, loyalty, family, suspense. It's all here, in one little package.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment