Friday, May 12, 2017

Review: #Blur

#Blur #Blur by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 I will low-key punch an asshole Stars

Arrow. Damn. I've wanted this guy's story from the moment we met him. We've seen glimpses of him, we've gotten a tiny piece of his story, but we honestly have no idea who Arrow Ambrose is.

And now we do. Now we see the broken man behind the silence. We see the man who lives in his brother's shadow.

Arrow Ambrose has been offered not one, but two contracts. Should he sign with the Pros or the NRR? Where does he fit? Should he be his own man and join the pros or should he continue to follow in his brother's footsteps? What will hurt less? What makes sense for Arrow? And what happened in Arrow's past that makes him keep his distance? What really happened between him and Sullivan Lorhaven? What pushed Arrow to such a dark, silent place?

Hopper, another man with only one name, has been on the racing scene for years. Joey's manager in the Pros, he missed a lot of what she went through because he was too focused on himself. And not in a self-centered way. When you get Hopper's story, you understand why he's hiding in the Pros as a manager. You understand he, too, has been through something no one should have to go through. Surviving, but not really living.

We've watched these two dance around each other for several books now. We've caught the stares and the interest, but they've never spoken.

And when they do speak for the first time? "What's it going to be, Arrow? You going to let me in?"

We were like two sharks circling, drawn by the scent of blood.
Whose blood? I wasn't yet sure.
Arrow was going to be a fight. No. Not a fight. Not a battle.
A war.

Like I said, these two have been dancing around each other for quite some time now. They are drawn to each other. They sense something in the other person. They just have to take that first bite, that first leap. But can they?

I'm not sure if I have the words to explain how I felt while reading about the pasts of these two men. What I do know, is that they went through Hell, but they were eventually given a chance at real love, real happiness, real life. They went through Hell to find each other--even when they didn't know it.

Bringing these two broken souls together couldn't have been more perfect or written any better than this. Watching these two men find themselves in each other and then open themselves up to more, it's just perfect.

I loved this installment in the GearShark series. I want more of Arrow and Hopper. I feel like they have more to say than what #Blur allowed. And that's okay because #Blur is complete and I loved it. I just feel like there is more. Just like I feel there is more to Lorhaven and Joey. Maybe it's because Trent and Drew had two books to tell their story? Maybe because these characters overcame so much? Whatever the reason, I will never get enough of Arrow and Hopp.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment