Saturday, May 6, 2017

Review: Ground & Pound

Ground & Pound Ground & Pound by Emily Minton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first time I've read either of these authors. I can guarantee it won't be the last. It's a shorter story so the love is insta, but it's a good story. Boy sees girl, boy wants girl, boy gets girl.

There are a few outside forces that try to keep Kane and Emmy apart, but it takes more than that to stop true love.

Emmy is raising her brother on her own and has turned to the one thing guaranteed to make easy money: Stripping.

Kane Travis is a fighter. Born to a shitty father yet an amazing mother, Kane has pursued a career in professional fighting. He's excellent at what he does.

When Kane sees Emmy, he knows he has to have her. Enter alpha male tendencies and Emmy clearly can't resist. I mean, who can resist the gorgeous fighter who won't stop pursing her?

No one.

I enjoyed this and it's short length didn't hinder the story at all. There is still drama--some that hits close to home for many. There is still a love story.

And the narration is excellent. I had never listened to this narrator before, but he was the perfect Kane Travis. I also enjoyed his narration of Emmy. It wasn't overdone or ridiculous. He told the story well and I was able to distinguish between characters.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment