Thursday, March 30, 2017

Review: Own It

Own It Own It by M. Dauphin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "You've fucked the best, babe" Stars

#ImAJettGirl

I fell for Jett about as quickly as Lo fell for Jett. Well, maybe a bit quicker. And I was definitely quicker to own it (see what I did there?!) than Lo, but that's neither here nor there.

Lo has been hurt--as many people have--but she's been hurt in ways I'd never want to imagine or live through. She has lost more than most and she has been left with nothing more than a brother who wasn't there for her.

Jett is dealing with loss and has never needed a woman for anything. So when Lo comes barreling into his life--quite by accident and quite literally--he didn't see her coming. When they stumble into each other again, it must be fate. Or something like that.
Tonight is a 'get to know you' night...so tomorrow morning I can fuck her properly in my bed and not feel guilty about it.

I'm pretty sure I was already in love with Jett at this point. I'm easy so this isn't a hard thing to do. But come on! He's amazingly sweet and kind and he is willing to sacrifice his happiness for others.

"You hurt my feelings."
"You have feelings?"
"I fucking do. One."

Dauphin surprised me with this one. I've read some of her other stuff. She isn't all hearts and glitter and rainbows. She's been known to throw a dark and dirty curveball at you a time or two. So, to say that I waited for that shoe to drop throughout this entire book would be an understatement.
Good news: She doesn't disappoint. There's a curveball. And she threw it right at my heart. It hit that one feeling I have.

"So when I do this, you better not laugh at me."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment