Saturday, March 11, 2017

Review: American Prince

American Prince American Prince by Sierra Simone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 ”You’re Pronouncing Please Wrong” Stars

This is the story I wanted as soon as Embry became a key player in American Queen. As soon as his importance was realized, I wanted this book. There’s nothing like being inside Embry’s mind and I don’t think I’ll ever get enough.

”Oh, trust me, Lieutenant Colchester, I always keep both eyes on a man directly beneath me. Both hands too.”
I think this is the first time I shivered while reading this book. Yes, shivered. It was such an honest, open statement and it was so ridiculously cocky that I couldn’t help but love Embry just a little bit more here.

”I’ll take you any way I can have you. IF all you’ll give me is a few stolen nights, then that’s what I’ll take.”

This relationship had never been easy. Kept in the dark, hidden from those around them, their romance was always going to be a scandal. Now that they are older, wiser, and even more involved? Now that two have become three? The truth of the relationship is still hiding in the dark.

”You’re sick.”
“No, sweetheart, You’re sick.”
“I am. I know I am. We both are. That’s why he likes us.”

But are they really sick? I found myself questioning this entire scene. Is it sick to want certain things during sex? Is it sick to need to submit? Is it sick to love the submission, but only if you fight it first? Who’s to say what is and isn’t sick? But these two? These two know what they want, what they need. They know, and they’ve found someone to fulfill those needs and desires.

”Your discipline belongs to me.”

*shivers* This line. Oh, god, this line. Watching Embry and Ash come together, seeing Ash and Greer through Embry’s eyes....it’s all just so freaking intense. I don’t even know if I have words to describe it.

It was fate, obviously, even though I didn't believe in fate. But it felt fated: there could be nothing in my life that wasn't connected to Ash.

Everything, and I do mean everything, is connected in this book. And if it doesn't appear to be, I'm sure it is. Even if we don't see how, even if we don't want> to see how, it is.

This book has left me broken, torn in to three pieces, and I'm not sure if I'll recover. I ran the gamut of emotions between the covers of this book. I've been hurt and I just hope I can be repaired.

I have to rescue her. She’s already rescued me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment