Sunday, August 20, 2017

Review: The Unrequited

The Unrequited The Unrequited by Saffron A. Kent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Hope Kills Stars

What can I say? I've waited nearly a month to review this book.
I waited because when I finished this book I hurt. Physically, emotionally. I hurt.
This book managed to get down deep in my soul and make me feel more than I've felt for characters in a long time.

I hurt when they hurt.
I loved when they loved.
I cried when they needed to cry.

Falling in love isn't bad or wrong or even hard. It's actually really simple, even if there's no reciprocation.
Because it's true, falling for someone is easy. But you can't control how they feel. You can't predict what they will do or say in return. You can't plan for reciprocation. You can only plan for yourself.

But when it goes wrong, it goes very, very wrong.

"Do you love him so much that you hate yourself? That you can't stand your own sight? Do you constantly think about how to fix it? How to make it better? How to be better?"
This pain. This love. This torture. This is the entire book. I almost can't put into words exactly how I felt while reading this. It's exquisite. It's torture. It's perfect.

"Today I'm going to show you how I burn."
God,yes, please. Please, show me. I'm not above begging. And that's just how Thomas likes it. He wants you to beg. He wants to own and punish and show you he's in control. He needs the power. He needs the control.

"I want you to write so you can talk. You have to talk. No one can live like this."


My only request? Can I get this in audio? Can we get Tad Branson or Jacob Morgan to narrate. And Elena Wolfe? She's the lady I need in my ears as I come apart for this book all over again. Can we make this happen?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment