Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Review: Savage

Savage Savage by S.L. Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 I'll push you away Stars

I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said. Readers have claimed this is the book of 2017, or at least a top contender. And I loved this book. It was angsty and painful to read and the characters were just so fucking intense that I wasn't sure what to do.

I took my time with this book, the way I would anything else I'd want to savor. Wine. Cheese. Cake. Wine. It's an excellent book. King and Sara Jane are star-crossed lovers if I've ever seen it. But they fight. They fight their inner demons, they fight the demons of others, and they fight for each other.

Even when pushing against each other.
"I'll push you away, and if you're strong enough to stay, I'll destroy everything I once loved about you while destroying myself in the process."


Sara Jane is the sweet girl who happens to cross paths with Alexander Kingwood. And when Alex sees something he wants, he goes for it. And he wants Sara Jane. They grow and learn and love together. It's beautiful. It's heartbreakingly beautiful.

There's a certain magic to the way SL Scott weaves this world together. The way she intertwines these two souls into one and then toys with the reader as our couple pushes and pulls against that world, against their very souls.

"We have all the time in the world to sin together.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment