Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Review: Little Love

Little Love Little Love by H.Q. Frost
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"You can't love me."
"Yeah, not my first choice either."

Obviously I gave this 5 stars. Obviously I am out of my fucking mind. I have no idea what to think other than this is perfection. It's perfect because it's total mindfuck. And not just one or two pages or a surprise mindfuck. The whole god damn book is a mindfuck.

Do you remember Akela and Malcolm from Immure Diaries? Yes? No? Well, you should because those two were fucked up. I hated Akela. I loved Malcolm.

Enya is their love child. She is the product of those two crazies and, well, she just might be crazier. But I never disliked her. I never wanted anything bad to happen to her. I felt for her. I wanted her to be happy--in whatever capacity she was capable.

There is love. Surprisingly, in this world where murder and stalking and lies are the norm, there is love. It's just not from where you expect it. It comes in the form of a possible friend, a definite enemy, and from the hearts of parents.

It's insane. I don't even know how to describe it.

And then there's that one scene. That ONE scene that made me sit back and laugh--despite the horrible circumstance the characters found themselves in. It's fucked, I tell you. Fucked.

"I have nothing to gain here, Enya. Except you.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment