Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Review: Pressing Adalyn

Pressing Adalyn Pressing Adalyn by Jenn Hype
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 Let me love you Stars

I have a soft spot for this book. I don't know if it's the bitchy main character or the ridiculously sweet and nerdy love interest, but either way I love this book.

Yes, this is a reread for me. I couldn't help it. Sometimes you find that sweet book that just calls to you. Sometimes you find a main character you feel like you know and a love interest that is too good to be true. Except he's not too good because everyone has flaws.

Adalyn is the bitchy main character that you hate to love. You find yourself asking how she can get much bitchier--thinking it isn't possible--but then she does something new and different and you're left nodding and going 'okay, I can see it'. And you totally get her reactions. You get why she responds the way she does because, deep down, she reacts the EXACT way you wish you could react when forced into situations you don't want to be in. She's your inner bitch and you love her.

Ian. Swoon. I just love Ian. He's confident, attractive, kind, and a total nerd. That nerdiness gives him a more human feel. He isn't just some rich guy who thinks he's better than everyone. Ian has just enough self-doubt to make him lovable. But he's kind enough and loving enough to make you want one for yourself. Just sayin' I'm super jealous of Adalyn.

This sweet Rom-Com isn't without it's serious issues. Very quickly you see that Adalyn's attitude is a defense mechanism. You know she's running from something, but you don't know what. That drives the story. Well, and the love interest, obviously. But I found myself wanting to know what happened to Adalyn. Why is she pushing everyone away. The only person to stick with her was her BFF, Stacy.

And oh Stacy does not disappoint. She's the snarky, in your face BFF you wish you had. Or you want to be. Either way, Stacy is a barrel of laughs in this and she keeps Adalyn grounded.

I'm excited to see what happens to Stacy in book 2 of the Pretending series! Thanks, Jenn Hype, for giving me such fun characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment