Sunday, December 10, 2017

Review: Barbarian's Touch

Barbarian's Touch Barbarian's Touch by Ruby Dixon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Li-lah. Oh, Li-lah.

So, yeah, she's deaf. Which is cool because who am I too judge someone for something they have no control over.
But she's been able to hear for 10 years, I believe, before the evil green aliens stole her from her warm bed and performed a surgery that left her without hearing. Again.

Lila is thrust back into a world she thought she left behind. No, not the ice planet. She thought she was finally in a place where she wasn't the weird deaf girl, a world where she could hear and communicate without the help of others (beyond her cochlear implant, of course). But when she finds herself on Not-Hoth, she finds herself without her hearing and falling back to that helpless girl who is content to live in her sister's shadow.

Oh, yeah, she was scooped up right along with her sister, Maddie.

So, this is Lila's story. The story of how she became strong and capable and loved.
All without the ability to hear.

This is where we really get to see Rokan. I know he's been mentioned, but this is just total proof that I want a big, blue alien to resonate....with. To. Eh, grammar. Whatever. I want a resonance. Mostly because I want someone to go above and beyond to make sure I'm happy and safe and taken care of.
Plus the sex. But that's not the important thing here.
I want my blue alien to protect me from metlaks and sky claws and an avalanche.

Yep. Rokan. Heeellllllooooo, Rokan.

Seven couples down, nine to go? I honestly don't know. Amazon says this is only a nine book series, yet at the same time I can search Ice Planet Barbarians and it'll show me books numbered through sixteen.

So, I'm going with that.

And Maddie's book is about to be all sorts of hate-fucking. Right?!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment