Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Review: Him

Him Him by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Is this a story that will stand the test of my romance binge? Is this the story that I will continue to listen to because it will continue to make me feel all warm and fuzzy and full of hope?

The answer is yes.

I can honestly say I never get tired of this story. I never get tired of the purple Skittles or Lake Placid or hockey.
I never get tired of Holly or the Canning clan or Coach Pat.
I never get tired of that first kiss.

This is one of my favorite go-to romances. Jamie and Wes always make me smile.

**Review from 6/2019 reading**
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I read it again. I was in the mood to experience one of my favorite couples again. The first kiss still gets me when I hear it (I did the audio of this for this go). I get goosebumps and butterflies--and it's not even my first kiss!

I'm a sucker for these boys. I love Cassell (still waiting on his book, btw) and Wes and Jamie and Holly. I love the Canning Clan. I love the love Wes has for Jamie and that Jamie has for Wes. If you ever want to see true love, read Him by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy. This book is it.
(5/18/18)
```````
One would think that I'd get tired of reading this, but I don't. This is the third time I've hung out with Jamie and Wes and they never become less perfect. There is something so refreshing about the Canning clan. There's something beautiful about a love that started before either realized it was love.

Jamie and Wes still hold the top spot for "best first kiss of all time." I don't know what it is about that first kiss, but it gets me every single time. The uncertainty, the hesitation, the nervousness. The surety, the want, the lust. It's all there. It's conflicting, but it's perfect. Wes is unsure. Jamie is confused. Lines are blurred. Lines are rewritten.

This wasn't my first M/M, but it is my favorite. I haven't met another couple that has captivated me quite like Him. Honestly, M/M or not this is one of my favorite couples. I can count on one hand the number of books I've reread over the years and this is one of them. Top 5 book of all time. Top kiss of all time. I think that says something.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment