Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Review: Turning Back

Turning Back Turning Back by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "I need him" Stars

Hello, Quin, my old friend.
I've come to visit you again.

Yes, I may have sang that, but fuuuuuck. Yes. This book is exactly what I've needed to keep me in that reading mood. And JA Huss never disappoints.

It's not her I want. It's certainly not him. But another...us. I could go for another round of us.

If you took the ride in Taking Turns, you know exactly what kind of 'us' we're talking about here. It's the best menage book I've read. Turning Back is no joke either. I might even like this more because of the fluidity, the beauty, the comfort between Bric and Quin.

"He'd be my friend again. You'd be my lover. We'd be what we were, Rochelle. But we'd be better."

Better. Who will be better? Quin? Rochelle? Bric? Is this plural relationship going to work? It's worked for so long, but what happens when they desire something more or something else entirely?

I look at him as he comes. His eyes are open. Staring right at me. Reminding me of what I've been missing this past year.

It's been a long year. When these three come back together it's nothing short of a dance. The choreography is set, the moves are perfected, the players move on feeling. You can feel what they are feeling, you can imagine yourself in any of their roles, you want to be Bric. Quin. Rochelle. You want this plural relationship more than your next breath.

He wants to hurt her right now. And he's going to use me to do it because he's not into the punishment stuff--and I am.

Fine. He wants her punished, I'll punish her until he's had enough.

Bric is the punishment guy. Quin is the carefree romantic. But what do you do when you hurt and you want the person who hurt you to feel pain? This is the best example of how these three have relied on each other over the course of their relationship. It's a great example of how Bric and Quin work together.

Her eyes are closed in ecstasy when I lean down kiss her. Kiss him. Kiss them both.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment