Sunday, April 2, 2017

Review: Confessions of a Carpool Captive

Confessions of a Carpool Captive Confessions of a Carpool Captive by Dawn L. Chiletz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 All I'm asking for is a chance" Stars

This is my first Dawn L. Chiletz book and it will not be my last. I met Dawn last October at a book signing and we hit it off, discussing books and movies and whatever else came to mind. The fact it has taken me 6 months to pick up one of her books makes me want to kick myself in the ass.

Anyway, on to the review, which is what you really want. I LOVED this book. I laughed--a lot. I cried--a little. I'm not even kidding when I say I'm pretty sure Dawn inadvertently wrote a heroine based on my personality. Closed off. Resting bitch face. Enjoys silence. All of these things are true of me so imagine my surprise when I found a character who really spoke to me.

I've hypothetically hung up my dating thongs and gone back to granny panties, where I'm comfortable.

Liz Foley is comfortable in her life. She enjoys her solitude. She doesn't like people and she enjoys the quiet drive to work. She's resigned herself to the single life after a few relationships that were less than stellar.

"There's no need to worry about hurting my feelings. I'd rather have blunt force trauma than sugar-coated lies."

I think this was my favorite line in the entire book. So much happens, but this line. Damn. We should all have shirts that have this line on them. I want this quote placed on my walls. If you hadn't won me over with your personality, Dawn, you won me with this.

"All I'm asking for is a chance. Give me a chance to show you what I'm made of."

Finn Walsh. Damn. This man is persistent. He's charismatic. He's broken--even if you can't see it. Finn is probably the most patient person ever. He knows Liz is worth the fight, she's worth waiting for. He pulls, she pushes.

"Could you chew a little louder? I can still hear myself think back there."

Did I mention this is a rom-com? Probably not, but I should have. This book is funny. I laughed out loud throughout the entire book. Liz and Finn are hilarious. But honestly, they're nothing without the carpool. Yes, there really is a carpool. Kel, Emerson, and Ernesto round out this book. They are the best cast of characters. They are more than friends, they are family. They fight hard and love harder. All of them.

"I won't disappoint you."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment