Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Review: The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review from Jan 07-08, 2019 read

5 stars. Yes, I realize I've rated and reviewed this before, but I don't think you truly appreciate what a beautiful book this is. I love the entire world. 300 Fox Way feels so real and so alive. Those Raven Boys are just the kind of friends Blue never wanted, but ended up with anyway. And she feels like they've just always been around.

Rereading this book is a bit like watching my favorite movie over and over and over again. Why do people give me such a hard time for rereading when I *know* you've watched your favorite movie more than once. Same. Exact. Thing.

And I love it here. So much that my next tattoo will involve quite a bit of Raven Cycle things.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Beautiful. This book is beautiful. And to listen to this world come alive? Oh. My. God. It's freaking amazing. I wasn't sure how a man narrating this book would go, but it's genius. He does such an amazing job with the voices and the accents. This is definitely one of my favorite audios.

This was a reread for me. I love Maggie Stiefvater and everything she does. I tend to revist her books at least once per year. They are all so beautifully written, each word in the exact spot it needs to be in to paint the world she has created.

I want to live at 300 Fox Way. I want to have a set of Raven boys all of my own. I want a Gansey and a Ronan and an Adam. I want a Moira and Calla and Persephone. I want them all. This world is so detailed and so in depth. I could crawl in and never leave.

And Gansey. Oh, Gansey. Mint leaves and a crazy obsession with ley lines don't detract from your attractiveness. They also won't save you from your fate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment