Sunday, February 4, 2018

Review: Match This!

Match This! Match This! by M.J. Fields
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ever listen to a book and think " damn, this character is just like me?"
Yeah, well, I hadn't either. And I'm really not like Kat on the outside, but on the inside Kat is my spirit animal. She's ruthless, mean, and so fucking snarky that I wish we were friends. Best Friends.

I haven't listened to a book this funny in ages. Okay, probably about six months, but that's a long time in the audio world. Do you have any idea how many books I've listened to in six months?! Exactly.
So, MJ Fields gives us this sexy, light, and fucking hilarious little story about a tattoo artist named Kat, her mother, and her two best friends. Oh, and the sexy men she works with at the shop. This book is about friendships and relationships.

And for a book about hooking-up, there is very little sex. I'm talking, one sexual encounter. ONE.
Until the end, when there's a sexy as fuck sexual encounter that goes.....nowhere. Nowhere because the book ends and now I am dying for book two. Which I've already queued up on my Kindle.

Get ready for one wild ride. This book is hilarious. And just know that Kat is going to say all the things you wished you could say. And she's not going to give a fuck about how that makes you feel.

**I listened to this audio and Ramona Master was awesome. Her tone and inflection and overall attitude as Kat is on point. It's easy to distinguish the different characters as she changes her tone/pitch with each person. I really, really hope she narrates book two.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment