Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Review: The Bands of Mourning

The Bands of Mourning The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved every single minute of this ride!

Wax and Wayne are back at it! And they've brought along Marasai, Sterris, and MeeLan.
Can I just say that if I had to live before electricity--and in a world where allomancy exists--I'd like to be friends with Wax and Wayne. A girl can hope, right?!

Every push, every pull, every speed bubble, every single word on every single page (or in this case every word spoken in my ear because...audio) held more depth, more meaning, more secrets than the one before it. You can never be too prepared when you surround yourself with Wax and Wayne, as Sterris proves time and time again.

And let's just talk about how incredibly fantastic Sterris is in this book! Can we?! Oh, that girl and her lists and her careful planning and her entire demeanor. She grows so much from Alloy of Law to Bands of Mourning. Alloy of Law Sterris would have never gone on this little expedition with Wax. Never.

But as Sterris has quickly learned, the safest place is closest to Wax. And that's where you'll find her.

Wayne is perfect. Again. As usual.
Marasai is still ambitious, determined, and she seems more sure of herself and her ability than ever before.
MeeLan is as interesting as the next Kandra. Or maybe she's just as interesting as TenSoon, but I love her. And I love how seamlessly she fits in with Wax, Wayne, and Marasai.

Bands of Mourning brings us new characters, new magic, new technology, and new possibilities. It's one hell of a ride and I am impatiently waiting for the next (and last) installment of Wax and Wayne.

**I listened to Michael Kramer narrate this and he did a stunning job. I knew when we were following Wax, Wayne, and Marasai. There was never any confusion and hearing his many accents for the different characters is always a treat.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment